Östersund - Trondheim
The route St. Olavsleden stretches 570 km from the Baltic sea to the Norwegian sea. The Swedish-Norwegian part of the trail begins in Selånger outside Sundsvall and runs through a varied landscape of large forests, river valleys, agricultural grounds and mountains until it reaches the blue fiord by the ocean.
You will be biking 367 km and probably a few extra that you just cannot skip beacuse it is so beautiful.
Arrival to Östersund
Day 1, Östersund – Alsen ca. 54 km
Day 2, Alsen – Åre ca. 66 km
Day 3, Åre – Medstugan ca. 54 km
Day 4, Medstugan – Stiklestad ca. 58 km
Day 5, Stiklestad – Munkeby ca. 20 km
Day 6, Munkeby – Ersgard ca. 60 km
Day 7, Ersgard – Trondheim, Nidaros ca. 55 km
By the Nidaros Cathedral in Trondheim you recieve your pilgrim diploma for all pilgrims tha have biked minimum the last 200 km
You will cycle along St. Olavsleden mainly on gravel roads, large paths and small asphalt roads. You set your own pace and decide where and when to take your breaks and have your packed lunch so that you can enjoy the sites and the scenery along the route. We will transport your luggage from day to day, which means you only have to carry what you need for the day (packed lunch, thermos/water bottle, repair-kit and extra clothing).
For infomation about which bike to use look at our FAQ
How to get there: for travel information look at our FAQ
This is included
- Simple, shared accommodation with bed linen (varies between pilgrim shelters, hostels, camp site cabins and hotels)
- Breakfast, where applicable
- Dinners, where applicable
- Packed lunch, where applicable
- Luggage transport (one piece of luggage per person)
- Route information
- Pilgrim pass
- Price from 11595 sek per person
- Possibility to add extra nights at any stop on the way or in the start or finish.
- Possibility to add guided days with our outdoor guides.
- Possibilit to add excursions and adventures like down hill cycling in Åre or trail cycling with our guides in Östersund.
WHAT CLIENTS SAY?
"Hi Sofie, I just had to take a minute to let you know how much we enjoyed our trip. It was an amazing adventure, everything and more that I dared hope for and every bit as hard that I worried about. We can't stop talking about it. There are so many special places and people from each day. I have a hard time expressing my feelings about it. I guess that may be the pilgrimage part, or the beauty of your people and countryside. I just loved it all. Thank you for this trip!"
"Hey, we are all back in London and Madrid, safe and happy. Everything was amazing! Thank you on behalf of all of us! Please let us know if you want reviews or recommendations for your webiste etc. Talk to you soon!"